Monday, March 05, 2007






I am having a really hard time right now...my sweet, beloved chihuahua Peanut was killed this evening after being hit by a car. We aren't sure how he got out of the house, but he did, and as always, ran to the middle of the road for no obvious reason. We are all just devistated. I've held it together for a few hours but now that the house is quiet and the boys are finally asleep, it's really hitting me that he's gone. It's ironic that I can teach coping skills to hundreds of students but now that it's time for me to cope with a loss I can't find a way to handle it. I have many sweet memories of this crazy little dog and nothing will ever replace him in my heart or the hearts of my little boys. I think that's the hardest part for me, is helping them to deal with this loss. They're just completely heartbroken and it kills me to see them hurting so badly. I thought it might make me feel better to post a few pictures i have taken of him over the past three and a half years, but looking at them is really hard for me to do right now. I am glad that the kids didn't witness the event, and that Peanut didn't suffer or even know what hit him...but I do have faith that the idiot blazing down our road at jet speed gets what Karma has to offer him someday.

Rest in peace, little buddy...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home