Saturday, March 04, 2006




I met with a bride, her mother, and her soon-t0-be mother-in-law today. We looked around the church and all inside, scoping out the lighting and the space for photographs when I shoot their wedding on the 18th. I enjoyed talking with them and I think we will have a lot to work with on the big day. The church itself is nearly 100 years old and has some beautiful features. It's rather dark though, so I hope my new flash and lightsphere will be able to make a difference and capture this important day for them. Wish me luck! :)


I had to add this picture...a candid snap that I got today. The full shot was the entire face but I like how this version turned out. Thinking of entering it in Square Crop but I'm not sure how a grainy kid half-pic would do. I still like it a lot. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Kiyoko Gotanda said...

Good luck!!

And I love the candid. I love how you still have expression in his face without seeing the whole face. If you feel inclined, I think you should submit!

1:25 AM  
Blogger mike fairbanks said...

Ok, the middle shot, of the church is very cool, was that taken with a fisheye lense? cause if not, i am amazed, it really captures the curve of the building very well!

1:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow what a beautiful church. You should get some great shots inside even without the wedding party.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home