Sunday, May 06, 2007

It's been six weeks today that I have been a widow. What a word...widow. I looked up the word in the dictionary because I still have such difficulty comprehending the fact that I am alone.

I have to say that this part of the definition is the one that describes me the most. Yes, I have lost my husband by death and have not remarried, but the words of this part really ring true..."to deprive of anything cherished or needed." I feel physically ill sometimes just thinking of how much I miss him and how much I need him. I can't even really find the words to express how much emptiness and sadness I feel most of the time.

I am coping, so don't think I'm falling off the deep end or anything. I just am so alone and sad. I am working with my doctor and we have my depression and sleeplessness under control (somewhat) and I am going to a grief support group twice a month...those have really helped me and they have helped the boys. I keep waiting and hoping for some magical day to arrive where I really feel "better." I don't think it's going to happen, though. I will keep hoping for it though...hope is something I never want to give up. I've given up so much that if I let hope go, all will be lost.

1 Comments:

Blogger talj said...

Dear Laurie, I have just found your blog through your signature on DPC. Beautiful images of Byron, you and the boys.

I am not sure there is anything I can say to you. Your words bring back memories of my 'early days' and the feeling of being totally lost. In 2 weeks I will mark 2 years since my sweetheart left, I'm not sure if I passed this quote to you before but I will leave it here for you again just incase. ..

"Lost love is still love. It takes a different form thats all. You cant see their smile or bring them food or tousle their hair or move them around a dance floor. But when those senses weaken, another heightens. Memory. Memory becomes your partner. You nurture it. You hold it. You dance with it....Life has to end....love doesnt..." - Mitch Albom

My love to you and your boys {{{HUGS}}} xxx

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home