Sunday, January 08, 2006

Do you ever get the feeling that time is your enemy? That the clock is an evil force? I feel like that often. I find myself wishing for more hours in the day to get everything in that needs to be done, and more hours in the night to rest, recharge, and maybe spend a few minutes with the boys. No matter the day, there's not enough time. I'm always looking at the clock on the wall at work, or on my computer desktop, or at the time on the cell phone, or at the watch on my wrist. I feel imprisoned by the hands...as the moments tick by my life is passing and I'm missing it.

This year, I vow to control my time instead of letting time control me. I have stopped wearing my watch, which is a huge feat. I feel almost naked without it. I rearranged my desk in my office so that I can't see the big clock in the reception area. I still have my alarm clock at home, because I have to be able to wake up on time, but hopefully biology will take over soon and my natural alarm clock can wake me. As tired as I find myself most days, I can't trust my body that much...I'd sleep until 10 if I was allowed to do so. ;)

I wonder if I'm the only one who feels this way. Hopefully not. I don't think I'm crazy, at least not completely. ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger kaye said...

Another great shot. I actually stopped wearing a watch probably 2 years ago, and I felt the same way at first. But now, I don't miss it a bit. It's nice to go with the flow of things instead of being locked into some numbers. Good luck with this one!

7:37 PM  
Blogger MattO said...

Time is something that we each wish we had more of at one time in our lives. Wether it be to spend with loved ones, time to get work done, or time for ourselves. There is never enough time for everything, you must make your priorities for the things you want most important in your lives. I think you are doing that wonderfully. Oh and the photo is wonderful as usual.

10:48 PM  
Blogger L2 said...

I know exactly how you feel. It may sound silly, but in my planner I often schedule large blocks of uninterrupted time to just to do whatever. The statement I had to learn: "I'm sorry, I just can't do that/help you with that right now." Very freeing.

It sounds like you certainly have your priorities in order! Love the page layout.

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home