Tuesday, January 24, 2006



My kids were not cooperative this week as far as letting me get a "Tribute" shot for DPC...especially my baby, Clay. He used to love to have his picture taken, but now it's on his terms only. If he doesn't like my idea, or my pose, or my timing, he's outta there. Today he refused to even show his face, much less let me get the image in my mind's eye. I wanted to do a Sally Mann tribute shot, with him shirtless, but that was not going to happen. He completely balked at that idea. I decided to not push the issue, and got one shot of him hiding in a chair out in the yard. I really should have more shots like this of him in the old digi-file anyway, because this is how he is. He's shy, yet assertive when he needs to be and lets everyone know how he feels about something. It also helps that he's just cute as a button. I hope that this year I get to really learn even more about his budding personality and take many more shots of him just being himself. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Sonja (Photographer/Owner) said...

Growing up and becoming a rebel. hehe..great shot anyway.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Di said...

this is such a wonderful shot of Clay :) hes being a little boy... trying to be a big boy :)

9:00 PM  
Blogger MattO said...

Man do I know that feeling. Its still a nice shot. I like that he is being himself. Its nice to see his personality come out.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home