Wednesday, January 25, 2006


My program was fortunate to have RNFP Joyce Feerer in today to discuss some important health care-related issues with my students. Joyce has been a registered nurse for many years, and is in her last semester of clinicals in the nurse practicioner program through UT-Arlington. She's also the Director of Nursing Services for our school district. Joyce spoke to my students about the importance of health and nutrition during pregnancy, breastfeeding, and nutrition for infants and toddlers. She also provided them with information regarding when to use the ER and what to look for that would constitute an emergency with a baby or toddler. She handed out brochures that included info on preventive health care and immunizations as well. I think the girls enjoyed her presentation and were glad to have the information, which most definitely will come in handy.

I resolve to provide as much outside information, education, and support for my students as possible this year...they depend on me and my staff to help them through this stage of life, and to become the best parents they can be while still earning their high school diploma. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Di said...

sounds like something i would have enjoyed listening to :)
good idea to get more info to your girls :)

8:31 PM  
Blogger MattO said...

I think that what you do is awesome. And your photos are very cool, and the collages are great.

9:25 PM  
Blogger mike fairbanks said...

Very cool record of the event, you should send her a copy for her wall, bet she'd like to have it, and who knows, it might stir up some business for ya!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Sonja (Photographer/Owner) said...

I really like this collage set up. Very well put together.

6:29 PM  
Blogger L2 said...

Agree with Mike, this is a great gift idea for the presenter.

Black and white really works well here.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home