Sunday, February 12, 2006


#97...she was a sweet longhorn, out in the field with her calves and her buddies, minding her business as I took pictures today. It made me sad to think about what fate probably lies ahead of her. She'll probably end up as a pair of boots or a wall trophy or a handbag someday. She didn't make any noise, and she came right up to the fence to let me photograph her, as if she wanted the attention. I hope I'm wrong and she gets to stay out in the pasture, playing and nursing her babies "until the cows come home." :)

5 Comments:

Blogger L2 said...

Great detail in the hide. Coloring is exceptional.

I know what you mean about their fate...when they look at you like that it's hard to think about what could happen to them.

5:27 PM  
Blogger MattO said...

Well I'm not sure what will become of your friend, but rest assured she is more famous now as your PAD then all the others in the field will ever be. Nicely done.

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice detail.

10:42 PM  
Blogger mike fairbanks said...

How appropriate for the 80's challenge, now we all know "Where the beef" is, ROFLMAO!

12:14 AM  
Blogger kaye said...

Beautiful shot... love the detail you captured!

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home